We’d Like to Introduce Ourselves…
Since graduating from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology), Danielle has worked in a variety of Paediatric clinical settings including:
- Community Health
- Child Development Services
- Educational Settings
- Early Childhood Development Units
- Private Practice
- Articulation difficulties
- Late Talkers
- Speech Language Impairment
- Receptive language difficulties
- Expressive language difficulties
- Literacy/phonological difficulties
- Auditory processing difficulties
- Pragmatic language
- Developing language through play
- Fluency disorders including Childhood Apraxia of Speech (Dyspraxia) and Stuttering
Danielle works closely with families to provide the highest level of care to achieve the greatest
outcomes for her clients.
Do I Need a Speech Pathologist?
You may need a speech pathologist if.. (click to expand)
You may need a Speech-Language Pathologist if your two year old is not able to:
- Use around 50 – 80 single words with some two word phrases (eg. ‘big cow’);
- Follow simple two part instructions;
- Be understood by an unfamiliar listener 70% of the time
If you are worried about your child’s language development we strongly suggest you seek help early as early intervention provides the best outcomes for your child.
You may need a Speech-Language Pathologist if your child is having difficulty with:
- Constructing sentences with appropriate vocabulary and grammar
- Understanding and following instruction
- Clarity of speech (ability to be understood by an unfamiliar listener)
- Fluency of speech
- Acquiring literacy skills such as rhyme, breaking words down into sounds, identifying individual sounds in words, spelling and reading
If your child is school age and the classroom teacher or Kindy teacher has raised concerns about their language and literacy acquisition, we strongly suggest you seek help early.
What We Offer
Our Clinic has EFTPOS facilities and are approved under FAHCSIA and Better Start Funding.
Please note that rates may vary for children who are covered under FAHCSIA and Better Start Funding.
|Initial Assessment||$250 for the first hour|
|Therapy||$80 per 30 mins|
What Our Clients Are Saying
Latest News From the Werda Blog
“My two year old only has four or five words but understands everything. Is this normal?” This is one of the most common questions I am asked as a Paediatric Speech Pathologist. Firstly, let’s talk about the concept of receptive language and expressive language. ...read more
Welcome to my new website. Let me introduce myself. My name is Danielle Werda and I am a Speech-Language Pathologist. I am also a Mum of four small (and very energetic) children so I know what it’s like to be busy. Family life can be hectic and little things like...read more
For all enquiries and appointments, please phone us or fill out the contact form and we’ll be in touch.
(07) 3162 8139
Unit 2, 178 Albion Rd
(Cnr of Albion Rd and Lutwyche Rd)
Windsor Qld 4030